What You'll Need
For the oat mixture:
· 3 cups ONLY OATS quick rolled oats
· ½ cup organic coconut oil
· 1 cup organic medjool dates (pitted)
· 2 tablespoons organic brown rice syrup
· ½ teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
· ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the chocolate layer:
· 1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
· 1 cup organic peanut butter (or cashew butter, almond butter, etc.)
· 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
Prepare the chocolate layer:
1. Add all the ingredients for the chocolate layer to a small saucepan; gently stir everything together on low heat, taking care not to burn the chocolate
2. Once the chocolate chips are melted and everything is blended together well, remove from the stove top and set aside
Prepare the oat mixture:
1. Add all the ingredients for the oat mixture to a food processor and process until it turns into a moist, crumbly texture – but taking care to not over process the oats, which will turn them into oat flour.
2. Process just enough to break down the dates and blend everything together.
3. Add ½ the oat mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and press it down firmly and evenly on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Pour the chocolate layer mixture evenly on top of the bottom layer of oat mixture (reserving a few tablespoons to drizzle on top).
5. Using your hands, take a handful of the remaining ½ of the oat mixture at a time and crumble it on top of the chocolate layer mixture until the chocolate layer is completely covered with the top layer of oat mixture.
6. Gently pat down the top layer until it is flat and as firm as possible without disturbing the chocolate layer.
7. Drizzle any leftover chocolate over the top layer of the oat mixture.
8. Put your baking dish in the freezer for approximately 60 minutes, or until it firms up
9. Remove from the freezer right before you are ready to serve
* Store in the refrigerator as they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.