What You'll Need
· 2½ cups ONLY OATS rolled or quick oats
· 1 cup butter, room temperature
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 2 Tbsp milk, or dairy free milk sub
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· 2½ cups ONLY OATS oat flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp salt
· 2 cups Reese’s Pieces (or any other Halloween candy; larger candy or chocolate bars should be roughly chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the oat flour into the sugar mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in the oats and Reese’s Pieces by hand.
4. Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about two inches apart so that they have room to spread.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
6. Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Serve freshly baked and/or store in an airtight container for up to one week.