What You'll Need
· 1 ¼ cup ONLY OATS gluten-free oats
· ¼ cup sunflower seeds
· ¼ cup flax seeds
· ¾ cup chopped pecans
· 4 Tbsp coconut oil
· ½ cup honey
· 1/8 cup brown sugar
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 2 ½ cup puffed rice cereal
· ½ cup chopped dried apples
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· ½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9×9 inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper, leaving excess hanging over sides for easy removal.
2. Spread oats, sunflower seeds, nuts and flax seeds out in an even layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes until the oats just start to brown and become fragrant. Watch closely.
4. In a small saucepan bring honey, coconut oil and brown sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar for 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a large bowl combine cereal, dried apples, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oats and honey mixture and continue stirring until mixture is well coated.
6. Press mixture down in prepared 9×9 pan. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Cut into bars and enjoy!